Cacao Butter - Mayan Superfood - 100% Organic Raw Cacao | Ecuador & Perú
- Grade A
- PURE PRIMED PRESSED
- Certified Kosher PAREVE
- Food Grade
- Packaged In a Food Grade Bag
- Country of Origin: Ecuador / Peru
What is cacao butter? Cacao butter / Cocoa Butter is a fat pressed from the cacao beans. Since it comes from a bean, it is a vegetable fat that is dairy-free and vegan friendly, despite the butter reference in the name. It is the fat that gives chocolate its melt in your mouth quality. While also keeping it firm at room temperature. Without that, chocolate bars would lack that ideal crispness. Not only is cacao butter decadent and delicious, but it’s also a superfood. Abundant polyphenols help fight free radicals and reduce the appearance of aging.
Not just for making chocolate Add cacao butter to recipes to add an unmistakable richness with a hint of chocolate flavor. It is perfect for smoothies, added to pancakes in place of butter, or even stirred into your morning oatmeal.
Skin Care Cacao butter is widely considered to be a miracle ingredient for skin care. Not only does it moisturize, but it also helps heal the skin. It can reduce signs of aging, heal cracked skin and chapped lips. It also works great as a shaving lotion.
Why our cacao is different:
- All of our cacao beans are 100% USDA Certified Organic
- We handpick all of our cacao beans to ensure only the highest quality beans make it to become organic cacao nibs.
- Out of the entire world’s production of cacao, only 5% can be considered premium fine aroma.
- The best chocolatiers seek out this rare Arriba cacao from the rainforest of Ecuador.
- Criollo Cacao Pods